Features and Benefits:
- 1200 Pocket Springs – The pocket spring system is the best at providing individual support to the sleeper. The upper part of the spring shapes to the body contours while the lower part absorbs changes in weight distribution for the ultimate in comfort and support. As a rule of thumb the higher the number of individual springs, the more support will be provided to the sleeper. The springs work independently to avoid roll together.
- 100% Platinum Grade British Wool – The Wool used in this mattress has been awarded the Platinum Certificate and is guaranteed by the British Wool Marketing Board for its high quality and exacting standards. It is sustainable and renewable and has been cleaned without the use of bleach or chemicals and is lovingly made in England. Wool is used in this mattress as a soft and insulating upholstery layer for added comfort. Wool is a natural insulator providing coolness in the summer and warmth in the winter. Offering superb comfort, it also has hydroscopic properties encouraging the evaporation of body moisture.
- Cotton Layer – A cotton layer with responsive properties that complement the spring unit is added to the mattress to help provide a comfortable feel and enhances breathability.
- 3 Rows of Hand Side Stitching – Traditional hand-side stitching which secures the outer springs to the border at the top and bottom preventing roll-out and is the most highly skilled and labour intensive of all the operations. Side-stitching is carried out by senior upholsterers using traditional long needles and twine to make borders and edges stronger. The effects on the mattress are quite dramatic preventing the springs from distorting and extending the sleeping area right up to the edge of the bed to make the borders and edges stronger.
- Chemical Free Pure Damask Cover – With a soft to the touch damask cover which provides a soft, fresh and hygienic sleeping surface.
- Mattress Cover – 100% Viscose.
- Hand-Tufted with Woollen Tufts – The traditional method of mattress upholstery where the fillings are secured by hand with tufts from the top of the mattress to the bottom to ensure all loose fillings are secured to provide the perfect finish.
- Flag-stitched Handles – Handles on both sides for ease of positioning.
- Chrome Air Vents – Chrome finished vents to allow good air circulation, regulate temperature and keep the mattress fresh.
- Double Sided Regular Turn Mattress – Turn over and rotate your mattress once a week for the first 3 months and then once a month thereafter to help the fillings settle evenly.